Monday, June 25, 2007

More Site News and Info

Hi people, I thought I would let you know a bit more about what will be happening in the future of this blog/site. So, if you're in for another read...

A few people have asked me about what game comparisons I will be doing and when. Here's where it stands right now. First off, I won't be comparing any games that haven't been reviewed yet by me. I will be releasing as much content as I can related to each game I review, but a review will be done before any additional content is put up, including comparisons. This is why I will be reviewing some older games (like Mario Kart DS) or popular games that already have lots of reviews from various sources (like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess); reviews are just a doorway for additional content. After Mario Kart DS is reviewed, lots of additional content will follow, including videos of all the tracks, gameplay modes, Wifi matches, etc. After Twilight Princess is reviewed, lots of additional content will follow, including videos of different items in use, town explorations, etc. As you probably noticed, I'm placing a heavy emphasis on video, but I will do written features as well. Anyways, I hope you get the point. Reviews are not the primary feature of this website, but they're just a doorway leading to several other features.

Anyways, back to where I was. For those of you who want to see my list of planned future game comparisons, here it is. Many of these games are not released yet, but I plan on doing all of these comparisons in the future.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Bros. 3 vs. Super Mario World
New Super Mario Bros vs. (winner of Super Mario Bros. 3 vs. Super Mario World)
Metroid vs. Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda vs. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario 64 vs. Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Kart vs. Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart DS vs. (winner of Mario Kart 64 vs. Super Mario Kart)
Donkey Kong Country vs. Donkey Kong Country 2

This is just a list of game comparisons I have definite plans of doing, but some others may be added, such as F-Zero vs. F-Zero X, Megaman vs. Megaman 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Now some other stuff you should know about. You may have noticed how I titled my Galaga review. I first put the name of the game (Galaga), then the platform (Virtual Console), and lastly the feature type (review). I will be titling all video game content I put up like this so it will be easier to find what you want in the archives (on the right-hand side of the screen). As you know, this is a blog, therefore it’s not built for easy navigation, but I still want it to be as easy to navigate as possible.

You can expect at least one more review this week. I am currently debating whether I should do it for Sonic and the Secret Rings or Mario Kart DS. If you people would prefer one over the other, please post a comment and tell me. I also hope to have a Galaga gameplay video up sometime this week, but I do not know how to videotape my TV while I’m playing. I’ll try to find a table that is the right height to set my camera on, but I may or may not find one. If you have any suggestions, then again, post a comment. I will be doing on-screen recording in the future, but I don’t have the right equipment yet to do that, so I have to use a digital camera for now.

Stay tuned, and tell your buddies about the site. I’m trying to get some affiliates but I’m not going to be able to until a lot of content is added and some major upgrades are made.

No comments: