Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Noooooooo...

Today I worked long and hard at creating a camera set up so I could make a Galaga gameplay video. I took a table top, attached legs to it with packing tape and put two thick books and on top of that. Then I put all this on a coffee table and put my camera on top, knowing that if the packing tape were to give out at any moment the camera would be done for. I centered up the camera up with the TV perfectly, so no borders were showing. I then pressed the record button, and began playing. It was an absolutely perfect gameplay video; the double shots were shown, I got to two challenging stages without dying, acing them both, and when five minutes of gameplay was recorded I pressed the record button again to stop. I watched the recording on the mini LCD camera screen, thinking about how delighted my viewers would be with this absolutely perfect recording. Then I plugged it into the computer and transferred the video. When the transfer was complete, I watched it… and screamed. Well, not literally, but my mind was screaming loud and clear. The video was horribly choppy, running at probably only four or five frames per second. The sound was fuzzy, and five seconds behind the video. When I watch the video on the Wii photo channel it is fine, but for some reason it gets all messed up when I transfer it to the computer. I'm probably not going to be able to do any video features until I get video transfer cables, which hopefully will be soon. I'll try transferring the video again tomorrow, because maybe it was just a one-time problem, but I have a feeling it's not.

I'm still debating whether I should review Mario Kart DS or Sonic and the Secret Rings next. Maybe I'll end up doing another virtual console review. Another review might be up tomorrow, but it’s safer to expect one on Thursday.

No comments: